- ¾ cup pine nuts (or walnuts, hazelnuts or pistachios)
- 1/8 cup organic carrot leaves, chopped
- 1/8 cup organic cilantro, chopped (or parsley, I used cilantro since that was in our share)
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
- generous pinch of sea salt
Yay for rain! This will definitely help us as we transition into the full summer crops in the next coming weeks.
For this week, we’ll basically be cleaning out the fields of all the remaining smaller quantities of things like onions, potatoes, broccoli, beets and carrots. The share will likely involve some option for those things, as well as a greens option (broccoli rabe or collards). There will definitely be squash. And cilantro! One thing to bear in mind with the squash is that it’s great for freezing and saving for those winter months when pasta primavera sounds like a long ago dream … speaking of pasta, I am a big fan of squash with fresh herbs on pasta.
Also, we got some mushroom spores in the mail that we’re going to be experimenting with this week. No guarantees that we’ll get anything out of it, but I just had to share my excitement.
Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!