Minute Steak Tacos with Roasted Poblanos:
- Beef Minute Steak (from Meat Share!)
- 4 – 5 Poblano Peppers
- Shaved Red Onion
- Flour Tortillas
- Sriracha Sauce
- Heat broiler. Once hot, place peppers in broiler for a couple of minutes per side. Remove and set aside to cool
- While peppers are roasting, place minute steak in a skillet or on the bbq. Cook a few minutes each side depending on how rare you like your steak.
- Mix mayo and sriracha sauce and set aside.
- Remove the seeds and slice peppers thinly.
- Assemble: sauce, meat, poblanos and onion. Simple and delicious.
Ramekin Baked Egg with Tomatoes, Greens and Garlic Chips :
- One bunch of leafy greens (like chard)
- 1 pint tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Heat 1 tbls. oil in small skillet. When it shimmers, add the garlic and fry until crisp on both sides. Transfer to a paper towel to dry,
- Re-heat the garlic oil, and add tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, and then add the chopped greens, and sauté until wilted.
- Transfer the tomato/greens mixture to 2 ramekins and crack an egg on each one. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the whites of the egg are set.
- Add salt as needed and garnish with garlic chips.
Eggplant with Ground Beef, Tomato and Pine Nuts
I wish I could have taken a better picture of this. It was really, really tasty.
- 2 large firm eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, more as needed
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (80 percent lean)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Black pepper
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup pine nuts
- Heat broiler and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Arrange slices on prepared baking sheet and broil in batches until they are deep mahogany brown, turning once halfway through, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Adjust the oven to 375 degrees with rack positioned in the center.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, but not browned, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef, stirring frequently and breaking up meat into very small pieces with the side of a metal spoon. Season with remaining teaspoon salt, cinnamon and pepper. Sauté until meat is just cooked through. Taste and add more salt or pepper, or both, as needed.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pine nuts and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir nuts to coat them with butter and continue stirring constantly until nuts are golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer nuts to a bowl while still warm and salt them lightly.
- Coat a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce in the bottom of the dish. Lay 1/3 of the eggplant slices in a single layer over the sauce, covering as much surface area of the bottom of the dish as possible. Spoon half the meat evenly over eggplant. Pour 1/3 of the remaining tomato sauce evenly over meat. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the pine nuts. Layer again with eggplant, meat, tomato sauce and pine nuts. Finish with a layer of eggplant and cover with more tomato sauce, sprinkling top with pine nuts.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 90 minutes. Remove foil and top eggplant evenly with mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes longer, uncovered, or until the cheese is bubbling and golden.