As much as I love the grain beet salad featured below, I needed to shake up my beet share this week.
Not only does this juice look beautiful, it tastes delicious and feels healthy all at the same time.
Iron Building Juice
- 3 – 4 beets, sliced and divided
- 3 – 4 carrots, sliced and divided
- 1 bunch of beet greens (or chard, kale, dandelion greens, etc., if you don’t have beet greens), washed and divided
- 1 apple, cored, sliced and divided
- Add 1/4 of the beets to the juicer, followed by a carrot, 1/4 of the greens, and 1/4 of the apple.
- Repeat 3 more times.
We got a ton of blueberries this week; I was very, very tempted to make a pie or something I would definitely regret. Instead, I made this delicious granola!!
Blueberry Vanilla Granola
- 1 quart blueberries
- 2 cups of sunflower seeds, soaked 8 – 12 hours and drained
- 3 cups of pecans, soaked 8 – 12 hours and drained
- 6 cups almonds, soaked 8 – 12 hours and drained
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup of date paste (I made mine by blending 10 dates with 1 cup water)
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbls. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbls. lime juice and zest
- Place blueberries and sunflower seeds in a large bowl and set aside.
- Process pecans and almonds in a food processor until chunky — DO NOT OVER PROCESS!! Add to bowl with strawberries and sunflower seeds.
- Process all remaining ingredients in food processor until chunky; again, do not over process. Add to bowl, and mix everything thoroughly.
- Crumble evenly in dehydrator screens and dehydrate at 105 – 110 degrees for 48 hours.
This tastes best with almond milk. And it is SO YUMMY.