Also a recycled post for the carrot tops we got this week!! I’ll be making this tonight.
Got to do something with all those carrot greens, why let them go to waste?!?
- ¾ cup pine nuts (or walnuts, hazelnuts or pistachios)
- 1/8 cup organic carrot leaves, chopped
- 1/8 cup organic cilantro, chopped (or parsley, I used cilantro since that was in our share)
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
- generous pinch of sea salt
Toast the nuts at 325ºF for a few minutes to bring out the flavour. In a food processor, puree the nuts, carrot leaves, cilnatro leaves, lemon juice and garlic. Pour in cheese, salt, and olive oil, starting with ¼ cup. Blend, and increase olive oil if the pesto is too thick.
I used this as a topping for some quinoa pasta. When I realized that I had an awful lot of left over pesto, I made it into a carrot…
View original post 15 more words