This chilled salad is easy to make yet has many textures and flavors that defy the simplicity of its production. You’ll be a hit on the Brooklyn picnic circuit with this unique summer treat. Enjoy!
-Brad FarmerieCucumber and Pickled Okra Salad
Makes 2 servings
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large (or 2-3 small) okra, finely sliced (yields ½ cup)
- A few slices of fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons chardonnay vinegar
- 1 cucumber, quartered, deseeded, and sliced
- Pinch chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (or dill, or mint)
Combine the okra, garlic, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Place the olive oil in a nonstick pan and place over medium heat.
Add the okra mix to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
Take off of the heat and add the vinegar.
Place in a mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
When cool add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
Chill and serve!